Sunday 10 June 2012

How Technology Has Impacted Learning

Technology has improved communications and access to information. Computers stimulate young minds by making learning fun. The Internet allows students to explore whole new worlds in real time. There hardly a subject which can't benefit from the resources available on the web. Gifted, creative teachers stimulate young minds. They light the fire and capture the imagination. Technology is just one more tool, albeit a most useful one, in the serious teacher's portfolio of teaching tools. Computer technology provides abundant opportunities for students to build or modify their personal knowledge through the rich experiences that technology affords. Technology also motivates and engages the learner. When students have a choice in their assignment, see the relevancy, or can self-assess with teacher feedback intertwined, student motivation increases. Technology lends itself to all of the above.


 Technology has helped me a lot in the past few years with school.The internet has allowed me to learn more about issues occurring around the world. And has also helped me with this blog. I could barley find any books on factory farming.(I found about two different ones) Without the internet I wouldn't have been able to do this project as well as educate people on what is really happening to the meat they eat which is important because how we survive is with consumption of food and water.

 

2 comments:

  1. Emily- My perspective on technology is very similar to yours. While reading you're blog it reminded me of my post on technology and how i view it as a very useful tool in regards to educational studies. Thanks so much for putting a great deal of effort into this blog project.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Selam, Thank you for your comment, I noticed the same thing as I was reading your post about technology. Thank you for always being ready to reply with such detail and deep meaning.

    ReplyDelete